BENEFITS OF CORPORATE YOGA:
For the Organization:
For the Team Members (staff):
YOGA helps athletes:
· CHANGE DIRECTION more effectively: By increasing mobility of the hips, Yoga makes a significant difference when players need to rapidly pivot, jab step, or change direction.
· BE LIGHTER on the feet: A lighter step on the court confers two benefits: you move and react more quickly, and you put less stress on your knees and other joints
· Become Less susceptible to injury: Yoga helps strengthen all of the small, stabilizing muscles that tend to be overlooked and are vital in protecting joints and spine (among other things).Yoga makes tissues less prone to tears & damage.
· Control emotions: Controlled, quality breaths helps reaction to worries, the referee’s call against you, or your shot that landed off the rim.
· Increase height: Certain poses elongate the spine & create space between vertebrae.
· Improve Core & Balance: stretching, strengthening & mobility of muscles
· Enhance breath control and spatial awareness
Pro-Athletes who use Yoga as an essential part of regular training & performance
· LeBron James
· Joe Johnson
· Kareem Abdul-Jabbar